Format: Asynchronous (online, self-directed) + One 30min Live Consultation
Cost: $550 + HST
Timeframe: 4 Weeks to complete 10 hours
Textbook: No textbook is required
Certification: Successful completion of this course results in a Certificate of Professional Development in Launch: Setting up a Thriving Private Practice.
Who Should Take This Course: Students with clinical backgrounds who are eager to start their own private practice and wish to receive guidance concerning the business-side of their career path.
Contact Us: For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the last few years, we have seen a burgeoning number of mental health professionals deciding to venture out and create their own private practices. Clinical education focuses on clinical knowledge and skills, but as many of us find out the hard way, the skills related to being good clinicians are not the same as those related to being good business owners and operators.
This course has been tailored to students who are trained in psychotherapy but still require guidance concerning the business side of their career paths. Presented by a 40-year veteran practitioner and regulator, students will receive direction on how to start their practice from the ground up.
- Learn about the necessary business steps required to develop a successful private practice.
- Receive insights on regulation and supervisory considerations.
Access to a downloadable course-pack of private practice start-up tools.
This course is best suited for participants with clinical education who wish to start or improve their own business. Participants must have fluency in written English.
Getting Started & Certification
- Access The Online Learning Platform: Once payment is received, you will receive two emails: 1) A welcome email containing a UserID and instructions to set up your password, and 2) an enrolment email into our learning platform: Brightspace D2L. As soon as the enrolment email has been sent you have 4 weeks to complete the course.
- Certification: Upon completion of all course requirements including the submission of all course assignments, and following their review by the teaching team, students will be issued a certificate of completion through the learning platform.
- Continuing Education Requirements: This course will satisfy most continuing education requirements. Please contact your regulatory body to confirm. Completing this course will not qualify you to register with any regulatory body in Ontario, including neither the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), nor the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
Cancellations or Deferrals
We do not offer refunds or deferrals for purchased courses. Please purchase your course when you are able to begin and complete the course within the given timeframe. This policy is unique to online learning courses.