Coaching for Change in the Therapy Room (18 hours)
Format: Asynchronous (online, self–directed)
Cost: $550 +HST
Course Duration: 8 Weeks
Textbook: No textbook is required
Certification: Successful completion of this course results in a Certificate in Motivational Interviewing: Coaching For Change in the Therapy Room
Who Should Take This Course: Therapists of any modality.
Contact Us: For more information contact us at email@example.com
Therapists will regularly find themselves in conversations with clients that are characterized by ambivalence, uncertainty, and low motivation. This is normal. Once referred to as “resistance,” therapists today must understand how they contribute to, or take away from, increased motivation with people at all stages of the change cycle.
- Discovery of the mindsets and skills necessary to build a positive therapeutic relationship
- Engagement with a coaching approach and specific forms of dialogue that motivate clients toward change
- A tool kit of resources and techniques that help you partner with your client to navigate resistance to change
Getting Started & Certification
- Access The Online Learning Platform: Once payment is received, you will receive two emails: 1) A welcome email containing a UserID and instructions to set up your password, and 2) an enrolment email into our learning platform: Brightspace D2L. As soon as the enrolment email has been sent you have 12 weeks to complete the course.
- Certification: Upon successful completion of all course requirements including the submission of all course assignments, and following their review by the teaching team, students will then be issued a certificate of completion through the learning platform.
- Continuing Education Requirements:
- This course will satisfy most continuing education requirements. Please contact your regulatory body to confirm.
- Completing this course will not qualify you to register with any regulatory body in Ontario, including neither the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), nor the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
Cancellations or Deferrals
We do not offer refunds or deferrals for purchased courses. Please purchase your course when you are able to begin and complete the course within the given timeframe. This policy is unique to online learning courses.