July 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14, 2023 (Virtual 5-Day)
Mon – Tue 9:00am – 3:30pm EST; Wed – Fri 9:00am – 12:00pm EST
32 Hours of Coach Specific Education: 21 Synchronous, 11 Asynchronous
Prerequisite: Must be age 18 or older
Foundations of Professional Coaching offers a rigorous grounding in the coaching approach through a stimulating and interactive environment of hands-on experience. Part 1 begins by introducing the student to the power of a question. Students will make their way through foundational concepts, models, tools and processes commonly used within the coaching conversation, anchoring the student in the coaching mindset. Students will begin to practice the basic skills behind the 8 core competencies of professional coaching as outlined by the International Coaching Federation.
Students will be progressively introduced to intentional change theory, learning the why and how of sustainable, desired change at all levels of human and social interaction. Role-play, peer coaching, and experiential exercises underline the importance of awareness of both the self and others, equipping the student to create the strong developmental alliance that is the coach-client relationship.
- Identify the WHY of coaching and become anchored in a coaching mindset
- Discover and practice the core coaching competencies as established by the International Coaching Federation
- Practice active listening, asking open-ended questions, and offering acknowledgments
- Discover frameworks and tools that support the coaching conversation: Exploring Strengths, Coaching for Values, Coaching the Inner Critic, Wheel of Life, ABCDE Model
- Discuss and reflect on the relationship between coaching, privilege and marginalization
- Receive real-time feedback that supports your growth on ICF Competencies:
- 3: Establishing and Maintaining Agreements
- 4: Cultivating Trust and Safety
Developed by seasoned leaders and mental health professionals, our curricula are rooted in thought leadership on human thriving, and organizational development. Based on a transformational model of change, our curricula are designed to be human-centred, holistic and integrative. Leveraging the use of small group sessions, practice labs, and dynamic instruction by ICF-certified coaches, students are guided through the nuances of creating coaching conversations that improve lives, relationships and business outcomes.
Courses and Registration: Please contact the Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com
Billings or Payments: Please contact Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule your PCC Performance Evaluation OR Certificates of Completion: Please contact the Coaching Program Director at email@example.com
Director of Education: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Education Program Coordinator: Please contact email@example.com